MoneyController is a free financial software designed for the end user to create and manage a securities portfolio.
People who invest their savings can use it to calculate the expected return and risk of their portfolio, as well as to optimise the composition of the securities it contains. MoneyController enables the saver to do this independently both before buying the securities and during the investment period.
You don't have to be a financial expert to use MoneyController. MoneyController uses simple language to explain complex risk indicators that are typically used by financial professionals.
If the investments are left to several fund managers, you can use MoneyController to create a global portfolio of your investment and derive an overall value from it, so that the decisions of one manager are related to the decisions of the other.
MoneyController has a database of over 30,000 securities (authorised UK and foreign funds, ETFs, UK and foreign stocks) that are updated daily. Historical series have a depth of five years of securities. Securities without this historical depth are mapped to reference values.
What does it mean to optimise a personal securities portfolio?
- Optimising a portfolio means achieving an optimal risk-return ratio, i.e. for the same risk, the portfolio with the highest return or, with the same return, the portfolio with the lowest risk. These portfolios are rated “very good”.
- In finance, mathematical models are used to optimise portfolios, MoneyController uses the Markowitz model, one of the best known.
- All large portfolios are based on a curve called the “Efficient Frontier”.
The “optimize” function will show you:
- The portfolio with the best risk/reward ratio that comes closest to the limits you specify by rebalancing the securities you have included.
- Where your portfolio positions itself at the efficiency frontier
- Another ten optimized portfolios – from the one with the lowest to the one with the highest return – all of which are calculated by redistributing the weights between the securities you have named.
You can send your portfolio to a financial advisor and you’ll get a free opinion straight away.
- To do this, click the “Send now” button
Evaluate your recommendations to best invest your savings
The values and results are provided by SpA, which undertakes to check the accuracy of the values and published information – but assumes no responsibility for their actual accuracy.